Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Firewood.....



The stack in the back is six feet tall.... and five ranks deep.

The pile in front of it... another couple cords to be carried and stacked.

We have enough wood for the Winter. Interestingly, my wood guy tells me he'll be out of seasoned dry wood by late fall. It's not that he didn't pile up as much.... he did. He'll be out because his phone is ringing off the hook, and he's selling it faster than he can split and haul it. Selling it faster than he ever has before, as matter of fact.

Meanwhile, I have a good supply of excellent wood, and the house will be warm this winter. That, my friends, makes me happy.


2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Wood=warmth, especially when the white stuff is on the ground! Glad you got supplies laid in!

P. Henry said...

You remind me that I need to get cracking on that. Thanks.