Friday, September 23, 2011

I am a Trillionaire!



Today in the mail, an envelope with 200,000,000,000,000 dollars in it.

It was, in fact, (4) 50 Trillion dollar bank notes from Zimbabwe, purchased on E-bay for $6.

Including shipping.

I intend to frame one pair, front and back, and hang it as a daily reminder of what bad economic policy looks like, and what it can do to a nation, and how it can kill people.

The other two bills I will take into school to show my students..... and then I will pray that some of them ask what it all means.


2 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

The Zimbabwe paper was probably only worth a U.S. buck - and then only as a novelty - prior to the current devaluation of OUR currency. But you probably already knew that.

Old NFO said...

Yep, hyperinflation... it's REAL!!!