Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thursday...

Partner should be back today. He was home with the plague the last few days, and I was solo'ing with our angels. Sure, school gave me a sub each day... and it was nice to have another adult around. That's as far as it went.

Class and students... colors are being revealed. Some good, some not so good. 6 have already bailed out, saying it's too much work. I expect another 5 or 6 will fail the first marking period for not working hard enough. So be it.

On the other hand, there are 5 or 6 students who are racing ahead and blooming under pressure. That is exciting to see, and I am deeply impressed in a few cases.

I need to survive two more days this week..... or I may cave and burn a sick day on Friday. I understand what my kids are dealing with... I have enough pressure of my own.


Oh... and on a fun note.... I won an auction on a complete stock set from a 1938 Turk Mauser, hardware and all. In this creaky old wood I hope to set the barreled action from a newish Interarms MKX Mauser in .300 magnum, scope and all.

Why? Cuz..... that's why. I eagerly await the Oops man and his BBT of happiness.




No comments: