Tuesday, March 8, 2016

For you Bernie.... not that you'll understand or care.

This is something I tapped out for facebook this morning, while sitting in my car in the dark, waiting to go into work:

The Bernhole says white people don't know what it's like to be poor. 

I know what it's like to sleep on the floor because you have no furniture, and do it in a sleeping bag because you have no heat.

I know that you can put eggs in a coffee pot at night and you will have boiled eggs in the morning for breakfast and lunch. then you put cheap chicken legs in the pot and you will have chicken and broth for dinner. Because a coffee pot is the only thing you have.

I know what it's like to pawn a wedding ring because a child needs medicine and there is just no money, and none coming. 

I know what it's like to be sitting in a car, wondering where you're going to sleep that night. You, and the whole family.

Fuck you Bernie.

I've been thinking today, and I think more needs to be added.  Here it is, as a message directly to the candidate:

Sanders, and I'll call you that as I haven't a shred of respect for you. You've given me no reason to respect you, and many to disdain you.

Sanders..... I'm going to add to my words on knowing what it is to be poor.  I'm going to tell you something I don't think you will understand, as you have nothing in your life to relate it to.  You, who have spent your entire adult life living off other peoples taxes, sucking at the public tit, and looking down at the working people who's labor you ate well on, like a parasite.

Yes, I was poor.  Several times.  Stupid as well. What I wasn't was lazy, nor without personal morality and ethics. 

Yes, there were times that were hard.... and I busted my ass to get past them while caring for my family.

I know what it's like to work two jobs, 16 hours a day, for low wages... because that's what I could get.

I know what it's like to borrow $300, which I used to buy a $175 roughly used motorcycle and a $125 helmet.  Whimsy? A toy?  Bullshit.  I had never ridden a motorcycle in my life.  A friend took me to the park and taught me, and the next day I road it to work. In fact, every day for the next year when there was no snow actually on the road, I used that little ugly Honda as my ride to work.  $75 a year for insurance, $3 a week in fuel, and all the frostbite you could stand.   But I GOT To Work Every Day.

I know what it's like to work hard all day, and then come home and do side work for cash... to buy food for the family.  In fact, sometimes I got paid in food, and was happy for it.

I know what it's like to work for an asshole, and swallow my words so I could keep that job and take care of people with the money I earned... till I could get a better job.

I know what it's like to bust my ass cutting and splitting firewood on weekends, to heat my home and also sell for money to pay bills.

I know what it's like to scavenge and salvage junk, fix it up, and spend entire weekends at flea markets selling it to make gas money for the month.

I know what it's like to work on a farm, keep chickens, and dig a garden so my family could eat decent food.

 I also know what it's like to struggle, how to see it in others, and how to lend a hand when *I* think it's the right thing to do. I know it doesn't matter if they are white, black, Hispanic, or polka dot for all I give a shit. I know it doesn't matter if they are this party, or that party, this faith, or no faith at all.  

People are people, Sanders, you self serving power hungry sack of shit, so don't you DARE tell me what I know about and don't know about.
 

No comments: