Wednesday, August 16, 2017

8-16-17 Web log


I took the new teaching gig a while back.  Good.... I like teaching.  It gives me the illusion of doing something worthwhile with my days.

The downside.... because there had to be one.... right?

My new commute (eleven hours a week-ish) has me spending about $60 a week in fuel.  Coupled with tolls, it's added a good $250 to $300 a month to the expense side of the ledger.

Health coverage..... the new job has WAY higher expense than the plans I've had for the last few years.  To the tune of another added $250 a month for coverage that's worse than I had before.

Boil it down, and my usable income after taxes and new expenses has dropped by roughly $6,000 a year since taking the new job. I've no one to blame.  It was my job to do the math, and I failed.

Add in everything else, and it's stress city.  This is getting scarily like previous times in my life. Not the good times.

 

No comments: