Friday, April 2, 2010

Friday ramblings.....


Today begins a three day weekend... and a relaxing one I expect. In truth, I suppose it began last evening, when I collapsed in relief after a very, very long day at school. Just one small glass of fine bourbon, and I began to feel every use and abuse meted out by a cruel world. It felt tremendously good to let each appear, announce it's presence, and be dismissed in turn.

This morning, while princess sleeps in, I am taking the time to look over some photos. A recent trip to Cape May gave rich reward, and there are hours upon hours of enjoyable image tweaking ahead. Beach, vineyard, close friends, and good food...



On the stove, steel cuts oats simmer. Introduced to me by an Scottish lass I once loved, they have become a weekend favorite. Rich, warm, and filling.... They will give me energy for the morning ahead. I have a yard to clean up, and a fire pit to prepare. Tonight we raise a flame to life lived well, and loved ones kept close to heart. We'll be roasted some bits of beast, and fresh veggies too, as we lift ale in toast.

Ya'll are welcome to stop by if you like.... :-)



2 comments:

Jean said...

I meant to tell you, a couple weeks ago one of your blog visitors (Ohio) clicked on the link you have to the Pondering store... and bought a mug!

See? You do make a difference!

Thank you.

Sparrow said...

I'll be right over. Leave the light on for me.