Wednesday, November 17, 2010

TSA, the personal viewpoint....

.
Look, I fly rarely. Every few years, maybe, if that. It's not that I have a problem with flying, that process I enjoy tremendously. I like machines, and lets face it.... jet airliners are incredible machines.

No, I have just never enjoyed dealing with airlines. Planes... no problem. The companies that rent you a seat on one? Problems.

I don't like being treated like cattle, and I don't like uncomfortable seating, and I don't like being crammed into stupidly small spaces, and I don't like getting jerked around on pricing, and I don't like...... airlines.

Now the TSA has added another facet to the picture. Insult to injury if you will. What was not a fun process (flying commercial) has now been transformed via the TSA into a truly nasty, ugly, and brutish process.

Sure, they are intrusive, piggish, stupid, arrogant, and generally useless at their stated goals. Well... they are a government agency, aren't they? I have looked into the beady little piggy eyes of a white shirted TSA officer, and I have seen him for what he is..... a man who has absolutely nothing in his life beyond his bit of petty authority over common citizens within his power, and he wasn't giving up an inch of it for nothing or nobody.

The gist of this, from my viewpoint, is this: I didn't like airlines, but I would fly with a good reason. Now..... the TSA has raised the bar on 'good reason' to a level so high, it's entirely possible I will never fly commercial again.

Enough of 'me' out there, with my attitude, and the airlines I dislike will be going belly up in short order. Commercial flight for non-business reasons will die off, and airlines will die off with it.

Congratulations Congress.... you have taken a huge leap towards making the 911 terrorists goals come true.

1 comment:

JohnMXL said...

Unfortunately the airline business model means that when fare revenues fall off, instead of reacting to the causes of the decline and making changes they'll just show up at the Federal trough and beg for subsidies. One hopes that the events of November 2 will remain prominent in the memories of Congress, however, unlike the stock broker commercials, past performance IS an indicator of future results.