Sunday, October 9, 2011

I am one of the 53%


.
I am 50 years old.

I have been paying taxes since I was 16 years old.

I am a teacher.

I worked 25 years to learn my trade, so now I can teach it.

Every year for the last ten, I have been to work early and stayed late. That means I have worked 5 weeks a year for free, just to get the job done right.

I have never taken welfare, food stamps, free health care, or any other hand outs.

I don't ask for heating assistance; I split firewood and stack it in my driveway.

I drive a 17 year old car that isn't shiny or nice, but it gets me to work every day.

I don't have cable, satellite TV, or any other bill for constant entertainment.

I don't have any credit cards, or any debts.

I am one of the 53% of people in this country who pay taxes, and supports those who don't.

Shut up.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

like musical chairs, just because you found a chair doesn't mean there is one for everyone. from where you sit, the system may seem functional. press delete now? goodbye at any rate.

Old NFO said...

I'm there with ya... sigh