Thursday, October 27, 2011

That's why I do it......

.
A young man stopped in at school a few days ago. A former student.

He has been in the Air Force since he graduated my program, working on things he can't tell me about. Put simply... the last time he visited, he had a full time guard to make sure nothing happened to him. What he had in his head was too important to let wander around unsupervised.

Now, he is on his way to another posting, where he will work on something that requires a clearance somewhat above his previous one.

His life is turning out.... pretty good. I hope I played a small part in that, and it's why I do what I do.




3 comments:

Suz said...

Well since he stopped in to see you, I'd say you did have a part in it. Nice to see results like that.

Rev. Paul said...

It speaks volumes to me that a former student would return to see you. There were only a couple that I ever re-visited, after high school, and they were special to me. Clearly, you are, to him.

Good on ya.

Carteach0 said...

My friend, this young man was the eighth former student to visit in two weeks. With us, it is very common indeed... and treasured.