Sunday, January 1, 2012

Of note to no one but me....

.
Spending some time with Canfield's book and my new-to-me Garand, I find it's a very late production H&R from 1955 or 1956. Besides the new walnut stock, it appears to be all original H&R.

For some reason I can't articulate, this pleases me to no end.

In other news... rooting around in my reloading supplies, I have located 150 sized and primed 30-06 cases, roughly 200 once fired cases (in the polisher now), and a fair number of large rifle primers. My stock of IMR4895 is woefully low, but other powders are in decent supply. One thing lacking... 150 grain .30 cal projectiles. Off to the internet I go! (Cover me).


1 comment:

Roger said...

I got my best accuracy with my Garand using IMR 4064 - the slowest powder that is safe in the Garand, 155 gr Palma bullets from Sierra & CCI primers. Most of my reloads for it were with IMR 4895 though. Beware of high primers, the Garand can and will slamfire with a high primer. Enjoy the journey, the Garand will provide many years of interest and pleasing range trips.