Saturday, May 5, 2012

"Gun Sales Exploding.."

I'm seeing more and more stories like this one (From Fox News). They note something attentive gun owners have known for a year now.... sales are rising fast.

But.... I don't buy the line this story uses, and other news stories like it I have seen.
Like here, and here, and here..... they all attribute skyrocketing gun sales to political motivations. OsamaObama (HT to Ted Kennedy) may be re-elected, and thus the sky will be falling in for American gun owners.

Anecdotal, I haven't been hearing that. At least, not from gun owners. I've only heard it from a few gun shop owners... and even then only from the ones who seldom see my money.

What I DO see, as I lurk the gun shows and shops.... are people who have never really bought guns before changing their ways, and current gun owners buying extra. Almost universally, it's self defense pistols, rifles, and shotguns moving across the counter and down the aisles.

I'm seeing the 'write up' tables at gun shows packed with middle aged urban women and entire family units (Mom, Dad, and kids). Tables full of relatively inexpensive pump action shotguns with short barrels and long magazines.... are emptying quickly. More telling... FAR more telling... I hear from every gun club within driving distance that record numbers of people are joining up. Handgun and self defense classes are busy... very busy.

None of these folks are saying a word about the 'lection, or which scheming creep might take office next. They are talking about things like the economy, the real (uncooked) unemployment numbers, rising inflation, and the perceived inevitable breakdown as limits are reached and passed.


3 comments:

Suz said...

*gasp* You naughty man! You told the truth!

Old NFO said...

Yep, time to get OUT of the city and into the countryside... Anarchy is not far away, and the cities WILL pay the price.

JD(not the one with the picture) said...

I bet its that cheap, commie, steel case ammo that's causing all them gun sale explosions.