Monday, June 4, 2012

Teacher.... I am no more.

.




Today was my last day as a 'Teacher'. I handed over my keys in exchange for a dozen hugs and some few tears. My last hours spent giving needful documents to my partner who remains behind, and deleting years worth of E-mails and saved messages.

Now, a few weeks till I begin a new job, and perhaps a new career. Time to recover and gain perspective..... which I have a powerful need for.

I came home.... put away the last few personal things brought home.... and then I did the dishes.




.

2 comments:

Suz said...

Transition can be unsettling, dishes help and they need to be done anyway.

I'm glad you're away from that particular stress.

GBBL said...

I don't know you well, but I think that while saying you are no longer a 'teacher', you will likely forever be a teacher.

Take care.