Saturday, June 30, 2012

Whew....

The last few days at work have been.... intense. Crushing heat, deadly pace, and outSTANDING performance from my crew.

As for me... I survived intact. That was an internal doubt. At the age of 50, there was a nagging question in my mind if I could still do this.

Yes... yes I can. Damn.

As for the evening, it's centered around relaxing and glorious sleep.... right up till 4:30 am when I get up to do it again.

Lately, leg cramps have been levitating me out of bed in the wee hours. Surely a result of two gallons sweatage each day, the heat, and incredible energy outlay. Reading up, I see the answer seems to be Calcium, Potassium, and Magnesium, along with lots of water.

All those things are in Bourbon, are they not? I sure hope so....

4 comments:

eriko said...

A banana a day keeps the leg cramps a way. That plus some sea salt and a lot of water.

eriko said...

A banana a day keeps the leg cramps a way. That plus some sea salt and a lot of water.

Carteach said...

I managed half a banana today, after offering my cashier $1 for hers. I got half of it for free.

Looking over the internals of my 'one-a-day' vitamin packs, I see all those good thing represented. I'll add an extra pack to my day, before bed time.

GBBL said...

My doctor encourages the 1-a-day vitamin twice-a-day for things like this. Plus a 55 gallon drum of water.

Also his recommendation for a hang over.