Friday, September 21, 2012

Not dead yet....


Home after a moderate day at work, and had the desire for some exercise.  Firewood needed stacked... so....

A hour later, two cords of split oak have been carried and stacked.

You know how it goes.  You just plan on doing some... and then you decide to do a little more... and suddenly you are half way to finished.... and then you can see the end of the pile.....

And then it's all done, and you find you have carried and stacked 6000 pounds of firewood in an hour. 

I count myself as old, most days.  Things hurt, and I have to think through actions I used to BULL through easily.  There's things in life I'm just not as confident in as I used to be, since age serves frequent reminders of mortality.

But.... there is a big bloody stack of very heavy oak in my driveway, and *I* put it there.

Feels good, and big piles of firewood make me smile.

2 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

Good for you. Satisfying & productive.

Old NFO said...

Let us know how you feel in the MORNING, THAT will be the question... :-)