Sunday, February 3, 2013

Weird dream....


Musta been the hot wings..... sheesh.

It was like dream-a-rama last night.  In one of them, I am in an airport on some island.  Either Cuba or Peurto Rico ... that never came clear.  I'm on my way to catch a flight out, when some kind of serious civil disturbance breaks out and police are pushing people back down the escalators and out the doors.  Strangely, the police are actually nice to me, and the people surround me but not crushing.  Flights canceled.  Nobody going anyplace but OUT.

I dropped something, don't recall what, and stopped to look for it.  In the crush, an elderly woman sees me looking, picks something up, and shoves it into my hands, saying "This must be yours".  I glance down at a two inch thick envelope stuffed with $50's and $100's, American cash.

I drop it into the bag I'm carrying without missing a beat and let the crowd carry me out the doors.  The people disburse and vanish the way crowds can do when guns come out.

Now I'm stuck on an island where I don't speak the language, in the middle of the night, with no flights out, no hotels, and no taxis..... and I have enough cash on me to fund the bloody revolution for a week.

As I was pondering what the hell I was going to do next, I woke up.

Now I will spend the rest of the day working out what I should have done in the dream.

Damn.

1 comment:

TenMile said...

It appears you've done it, Sir. You got paid for it.