Working up a load for a new rifle...... Just began anew, with cases in the polisher.
- De-prime and full length size 55 matched cases.
- Polish them til like new.
- Trim to length.
- Chamfer inside and outside case mouths.
- Polish inside case necks with brush mounted in a low speed drill.
- De-burr the inside of the flashholes.
- True and square the primer pockets.
- Begin load workup, keeping these cases matched and boxed to this rifle.
The goal is a consistent 1 MOA 30-06 load for this Mauser design bolt action, with a 168-175 grain bullet that will also function well in the M1 Garand. Two primary driving factors are ability to function in both rifles and provide optimum accuracy in the bolt action. If it's also an accuracy load for the Garand, that's icing on the cake.
I'll be working with IMR 4895 as much as possible, in deference to the Garand. The first bullet to be tried will be the Hornady 168 grain BTHP match.
You know...... I LIKE doing this......