Sunday, April 28, 2013

Yard Roombas....


We are enjoying some guests in the back yard; Our neighbors horses.

The deal is simple:  I have a big back yard with luscious tall and thick grass that I would rather not have to mow, and the neighbors have a couple horses they haven't quite enough pasture for.  Put that together, and I now have itinerant yard roombas taking away my need to push a mower for an extra hour.

Besides..... I like these horses, and enjoy seeing them happy out back.  They LOVES them some tall thick grass.


In other notes, have you SEEN the price of food lately?  I am planting veggies.... screw flowers.  Every vegetable plant I grow is $$ I don't have to fork over, and better food in any case.  Now, if only I could find a Bourbon tree.......


4 comments:

jon spencer said...

Free fertilizer too?

Suzanne McCarley said...

Free fertilizer for the veggies! That's a beautiful photo (as usual...)

JohnMXL said...

Free fertilizer?

One year we tilled sheep manure into our garden. Our previous year's zucchini crop was poor, so Mom planted several extra hills of zucchini.

That year the vines grew so fast it's a wonder it didn't wear out the fruit dragging it along the ground.

We ended up with so much zucchini we had to go to surrounding towns and leave it on strangers' front porches...everyone in our town was already wise to us!

Old NFO said...

Yep, free fertilizer AND free mowing, sounds like a win-win!