Aristo! Aristo! A la lanterne!

Fat old retired nobody, blathering into the abyss.

Thursday, July 15, 2021

Done did a thing....



 

Posted by Carteach at 8:06 PM
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

BlogRoll......

  • The Silicon Graybeard
    An unexpected Halloween scare - Over the course of the last several months, I've run stories saying SpaceX is cutting launches of their ultra-reliable workhorse Falcon 9 on the way towa...
    41 minutes ago
  • Of Arms and the Law
    Asking the question that no one is asking - If Karl Marx were to return to life, and behold modern leftism -- would Marx become a MAGA voter?...
    7 hours ago
  • Victory Girls Blog
    Obama Now Thinks Cheesecake Is His Jam - Barack Obama is an elitist snob. He has made this abundantly clear over his years of pompous, passive-aggressive rhetoric. A couple of days ago, Obama ri...
    8 hours ago
  • Fr. Z's Blog
    ASK FATHER: If a priest explains away a mortal sin, and the penitent believes him, is the absolution valid? - From a reader… QUAERITUR: If a priest explains away a mortal sin in confession in such away that neither the priest nor the penitent believes any more than...
    9 hours ago
  • 357 Magnum
    Friday Links - 30 October - The Gun Writer starts us off with New York judge delays Demetrio Daga’s sentencing for reasons unknown None of what Braga possessed is even considered ille...
    12 hours ago
  • Martin Wilsey
    Scifi Friday: Close Encounters of the Third Kind - *Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977) — Free on YouTube!* Steven Spielberg’s *Close Encounters of the Third Kind* remains one of the greatest sci...
    12 hours ago
  • Nobody Asked Me...
    Grrrr… - So much for OPTEMPO/PERSTEMPO… The Arleigh-Burke class destroyer USS Spruance has set a post-World War II record for a U.S. Navy destroyer deployment and...
    15 hours ago
  • Nobody Asked Me…
    Grrrr… - So much for OPTEMPO/PERSTEMPO… The Arleigh-Burke class destroyer USS Spruance has set a post-World War II record for a U.S. Navy destroyer deployment and...
    15 hours ago
  • Bayou Renaissance Man
    Halloween, courtesy of Stephan Pastis - Click the image to be taken to a larger version at the "Pearls Before Swine" Web page. That made me cackle loudly . . . Peter
    17 hours ago
  • Pondering.......
    The only thing I like about Halloween... - *is the candy. And some of the artwork.*
    22 hours ago
  • Notes from the bunker...
    Hunting weekend - Went up to theBeta Site yesterday to go hunting. How’d I do? Didn’t see a thing, and enjoyed every moment of it. Why wouldn’t I? Im doing what I want, how...
    3 days ago
  • Way Up North
    Shaping the World On Our Knees - At a speech yesterday (October 7) in Athens, Greece, Secretary of State Marco Rubio said: "Today, we find ourselves at a crossroads. The next decade wil...
    3 weeks ago
  • Fatale Abstraction
    Strange days, indeed. - Most peculiar, mama. What a brutally hot summer that was. The 4 month streak of triple digit days broke last week. It's still been all over the 90s in t...
    4 weeks ago
  • SayUncle
    What caliber for Optimus? - Yeah, I’ve not been blogging in a long time. But AI has happened in the interim. I use it. I like it. It’s certainly made my life easier and more entertain...
    1 month ago
  • Counter Jockey Chronicles
    Getting paid! - You guys know what's better than getting one check from the NRA? Getting a second one! Parlayed some of that olf fashion counter jockey whit into this:...
    1 month ago
  • ___prh.....a day in the life........
    September 2026? WTH? - Yep, only the 4th post of this year, marking the beginning of year #20...but tis what it tis... *VA eye appointment last week, and yesterday the local...
    1 month ago
  • Kevin Creighton
    New Source Material Just Dropped. - Bill English’s 2021 National Firearms Survey is an important part of my attitude towards firearms. The 2021 survey, published by Georgetown University, sho...
    2 months ago
  • The Clue Meter
    Good-bye, Dolly -
    2 months ago
  • A Day In The Life Of An Ambulance Driver
    I’m Baaack - Rumors of my blog’s demise have been greatly exaggerated. It’s alive. IT’S ALLIIIVE! I had thought the poor blog was dead as I forgot to renew credit card ...
    3 months ago
  • Better And Better
    Pull Up. - My father carried or wore the badge of a Texas peace officer for over 40 years. He investigated, arrested, and helped prosecute organized crime, capita...
    6 months ago
  • The Next Chapter
    Finally getting in some time at the shooting-range - Went shooting today at the indoor range in Winthrop Harbor. I burned through a bit over 100-rounds of .45 ACP using my 1951 vintage Argentine 1911 clone...
    11 months ago
  • On a Wing and a Whim
    An Era of Limited Choices - My Calmer Half is doing better, and sleeping better. It's a hallmark of how bad things had gotten that I can see daily improvement... and means that as ...
    1 year ago
  • Neanderpundit
    Chucky - Chucky was a dear friend and a brilliant programmer. This was a old school lathe programmer who started out spinning hand wheels and ended up writing code ...
    1 year ago
  • The LawDog Files
    Ugh - The older I get the more I hate change. As you may have noticed people have been playing silly buggers with my blog — and “people” I mean my hosting compan...
    1 year ago
  • New Jovian Thunderbolt
    Sh-Boom -
    3 years ago
  • John Lott's Website
    Andy McCarthy: "Obama, Clinton and Biden ALL used secret, fake-name email accounts to hide their actions" - From McCarthy's piece at the New York Post: *. . . This is how the Obama administration rolled.* *When high officials were involved in a dodgy activity t...
    3 years ago
  • hellinahandbasket.net
    Getting Inside a Glock Magazine - I became involved in the shooting sports way, way back in 1980 or so. (Old fart alert!) Money was always in short supply, so I usually opted for surplus/us...
    3 years ago
  • Lagniappe's Lair
    Getting prepped - Getting ready. One event for sure, but maybe two. It’s possible that we’re gonna get another hurricane here in New Orleans. So like anyone with any ...
    4 years ago
  • Too Old To Work, Too Young To Retire
    2021 In Review - Yes, it’s been months since I posted. I could make excuses about being busy with work, family, friends, and stuff like that. It’s all true, but the main ...
    4 years ago
  • Sense of Events
    Elections are supposed to be rigged! - *Adapted from my post of October 2016 * The Hill, yesterday after President Biden's two-hour press conference: Biden says elections might not be legitimate...
    4 years ago
  • Instapundit
    VODKAPUNDIT PRESENTS YOUR WEEKLY INSANITY WRAP: The Biden-China-Oil Connection. “Instead of moving o… - VODKAPUNDIT PRESENTS YOUR WEEKLY INSANITY WRAP: The Biden-China-Oil Connection. “Instead of moving oil around, the DC-CCP pipeline transports money and inf...
    5 years ago
  • ace.mu.nu/atom.xml
    The Morning Report - 4/20/21 [J.J. Sefton] - Good morning kids. Tuesday and of course the big story is the impending verdict in the trial of Minneapolis Police Officer Derek Chauvin over his involveme...
    5 years ago
  • Oleg Volk
    They grow up so fast - Originally published at VolkStudio Blog. You can comment here or there. 2013, still playing with toys. All cute and smiley. 2020 looks a little more serio...
    6 years ago
  • Lucrative Pain
    Not what I expected to hear... - from my 88-year-old patient. I answered a call light in the middle of the night. My patient beckoned me over to her bedside and we had the following exchan...
    6 years ago
  • In Jennifer's Head
    On Helping - When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, “Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.” ...
    7 years ago
  • The Michael Bane Blog
    Trump Derangement Syndrome - Good grief! An article I agree with in NRO (excepting Charles Cooke, their In-house Brit Second Amendment absolutist, with whom I rarely find fault). I'm a...
    8 years ago
  • William The Coroner's Forensic Files
    Over The Hills and Far Away - Ye boys and girls that have a mind. To leave your troubles far behind. Enlist and take a soldiers’ pay. Go over the hills and far away! We’ll fight in dry ...
    14 years ago
  • Rantburg
    -
Show 10 Show All
Simple theme. Theme images by fpm. Powered by Blogger.