Wednesday, July 22, 2026

So, what's with all the Memes and Cartoons and stuff?

Ever since I was a lad I've had a thing for political cartoons.  The common artwork that adorned editorial pages as early as there were newspapers. They had a role, served a purpose, and revealed the thoughts of their time. Most were designed to sway opinion, and that is all the stuff up till the modern age.  Once our world became electronified, the lid came off and everyone could vent their thoughts and opinions.  It was no longer the realm of only chief editors, but truly a wide open field of expression.  Well, in some countries of course.  Those nations ruled by people who can't afford free expression may do tings differently.

As I waddle through my days, I come across examples of memes, cartoons, and such that strike me as humorous or well pointed.  I collect them (Steal) and re-publish the lot each day here on my blog.  Biased, I know, and temporary as well.  Perhaps one day I'll print a few hundred of them and assemble a home made book showing attitudes and opinions through the years.  Meanwhile, here are some more to enjoy.





















No comments: