Friday, August 14, 2026

Some folks are hard to understand

 


So there I wuz...

Parked at a doctors office while a chillun did their appointment.  Happily reading a historical novel (Roman). To my left comes a significant CRUNCH.  I look over, and someone had nosed their little Kia hard up on the sidewalk. The driver backed off, with a less significant crunch.  More of a 'scrunch' really.  

Looking at the damage that I could see, my experience in auto service put the ticket at $1200 to $1500.  Ouch.

Two ladies exited the vehicle, proceeded to walk to the cupcake store, and neither looked at the vehicle even once.  Not even a glance.

Huh.

3 comments:

FredLewers said...

I was a service technician for years. Details matter. Clues are information. As i gained experience in the field i could look at a car and know whether or not they would purchase the recommended repair or preventative service.

Carteach said...

Yeah, I thought I was good at that too, but every once in a while somebody said 'Fix It' when the bill would far exceed the value of the vehicle. Then again, one of those people was a dad whose 240 I kept alive years past the time it should have been scrapped. I asked how long he was going to keep the thing, and he said as long I was here to work on it. He pointed out he had sent three girls through college by driving the Swedish roller skate and making no car payments.

FredLewers said...

Lol sometimes a customer will throw a curve ball at you.