Um... yeah... so.....
I ordered a Walmart delivery. We needed a couple odd things and it was just cheaper and easier to let them hoof it over to the house. As long as I had that coming, I tossed some lunch meat on the order so the fam can do sandwich night. A small amount of four kinds of meat, and some sliced pepper jack. Why? Because smoked turkey sandwich, that's why.
Walmart must have hiccupped something fierce in the deli this morning. Instead of a half pound of lean roast beef at $16.87 a pound, they sent SIXTEEN pounds of rare roast beef. Another TWELVE pounds of honey ham, THREE pounds of salami, and the one pound of smoked turkey I actually ordered. Altogether about 30 pounds of lunchmeat.
Yes, I called the store. "Oh, are you the guy who ordered sixteen pounds of roast beef?" to which I replied "No, I'm the guy who ordered 1/2 a pound of roast beef but got sent SIXTEEN pounds of roast beef". A chuckle, followed by "We knew that was wrong and we told the office people but they said just do it".
I ended up on the phone with Wallmart.com, trying to decipher what Fromfarfaraway man was saying. I'm 80% sure he said just keep it and we never be charged because we never did wrong.... or something like that. He seemed shocked when I said we'd give it to all the neighbors and say it's a gift from Walmart.
Well, one neighbor, and she has hubby, kids, and grandad to feed so that's a good place to drop half the pile. The rest? I just ordered a vacuum sealer and it will be here by tonight. I have wanted one a long time for freezing stuff, and $300 of lunch meat is a great excuse.

No comments:
Post a Comment