Thursday, April 8, 2010

Toxic....

.
Is about the way I feel just now.

Looking back at the relationships in my life, I am wondering if I should have a warning card printed up. Something short and to the point, that makes clear there are far easier paths than walking next to me.

My partner and I have often joked about those trailers one see's way out in the Arizona desert. Miles from anyplace, with just a single light burning in the evening. Some days, it seems like less a joke and more a good idea.



3 comments:

Borepatch said...

Today I was thinking about a small cabin in the woods. Not too big, because that would attract visitors, who'd want to stay with you.

No electricity, except maybe an old school windmill to pump water from a well.

And I'd get get one of those "Come back with a warrant" door mats, and a sign that said "If you can read this, you're in range."

Ted Amadeus said...

Reality check, man: If you want to get the hell away from this world as crazy as it's getting, it proves there's much more RIGHT with you than wrong!

James A. Zachary Jr. said...

"...those trailers one see's way out in the Arizona desert. Miles from anyplace, with just a single light burning in the evening."

Amen to that. A man-cave with quality bourbon, fine cigars, and the few memories worth cherishing.