Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Another financial artillery shell lands..... and I dodge it... for now

.
Sometimes, this gets kind of old.....

I was in the bank today doing something accounty-ish, and the nice bank lady stumbled on something. The joint account I was on with the (Please GOD let her be Ex real soon) wife years ago? The one the bank assured me I was removed from over two years ago? Turns out that was not the case, and my name was still attached to it, even as the wife ran up bounced check charges galore, to the tune of $500.

The bank closed the account and marked us both off for 'account abuse', but this is the first I heard of it. Nice bank lady was able to make a phone call, and their loss department was able to confirm *I* hadn't used a card or check on the account in years, so it looks like *I* am off the hook.

On the other hand.... while they were sorting out the mess, they noticed she had opened a new account with the same bank, to which I overheard them making very interested noises and quiet whispers.

I swear with God as my witness, I did not even BEGIN to laugh an evil laugh, or smirk an evil smirk. Seriously.... not one tiny bit.... I swear!


No comments: