Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Let's recap, shall we? (me-whine-rant)

.

Yesterday... was a very fine day indeed. Yes sir.... very fine.

All in one day mind you... this much fun occurred:
  • I got served papers at work by a constable. I am being sued by a township upstate, where I am on the deed to a cabin with my (God, please let her be EX soon) wife. She failed to pay about $1300 in sewer taxes on her cabin. Surprise! Today I will call the township and tell them I would be happy if they just take the place. Talking with the local court up there yesterday, I gather they have already spoken with whack job wife, and are preparing necessary restraints for her on hearing day. I shall not be attending.
  • At work, a teachers union meeting . We voted to quadruple our own dues in order to build the legal fund. The state level union has said they will back us too. Why? Expected arbitration's on grievances. The place has changed since I began teaching.... changed a lot. In ways I probably should not speak about publicly, or risk my job. I used to feel like part of the greatest team in the world..... I miss that feeling. It's not about teaching kids anymore. It's all about money, and the relationship has moved from professional teamwork to purely business... and cutthroat business at that. We are no longer faculty, but disposable employees. I can deal with that... BTDT.... but the kids are going to suffer the price in their education, and that's wrong.
  • Arriving home, I find a letter from the (somber drum roll please)..... Internal Revenue Service. They would like me to send them $1800, and do so right shortly, or they plan on shooting me and feasting on the corpse, or something like that. That's the price of changing filing status from married to single, and avoiding the world class CF that is dealing with wife on business and tax issues. I can pay it... it's not unexpected and I have been selling blood steadily to raise pennies enough to pay the werguild. It may require my selling some items to build a cushion back, and that is unhappiness enough.

So.... today I get back up and do it again.




2 comments:

Paul said...

Bad day at Blackrock. Sorry to hear, but glad your outlook will enable you to carry the day, at the end of the day. Man, there is always a line to extract more from those who earn, isn't there? How to find optimism, faith and perspective on a day like that?

Paul said...

Bad day at Blackrock. Sorry to hear, but glad your outlook will enable you to carry the day, at the end of the day. Man, there is always a line to extract more from those who earn, isn't there? How to find optimism, faith and perspective on a day like that?