Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tuesday (Monday) confused ramblings.....

.
Okay, so today is Tuesday, but it feels like Monday, because Monday was a holiday, except it's my last day with students so that makes it all stressy and weird, but... and.... except for......

Aww Hell...... it feels like Monday. What can I say.

A few rambling thoughts, jogged by the very excellent blueberry muffin I had with my coffee this morning..........


Yes, today is my last day with students. Tonight, the award (graduation) ceremony that we are not allowed to call graduation. My last day with the boys.... and I will miss the hell out them. Mostly, they are a great bunch. Tomorrow they wake up to real life, and most of them will be just fine. That alone is a pretty good achievement, and I am proud of them. The rest of the week will be spent working on our lab, and doing ream upon ream of paperwork. Wheeeee. Dead trees as far as the eye can see.


I read a rumor that Ruger is releasing a small run of the #1 in .303 British. AARRRrrrggg....... That hurts. I would LOVE to own one, but do I need another rifle in a weird antique caliber? (which of course I am full equipped to load for). The cartridge is nothing like a challenge to the heavy Ruger action, and there is no reason to load it heavy anyway. It would just be a cool, and well built, hunting rifle that shoots a weird cartridge. Talk me down.......


Coming up is a Three gun tactical match at a club I have never been to. I'm intending to go, and be highly embarrassed, and have a ball. Never having shot Three Gun, this will be a first for me.... hope I don't make a total fool of myself (g).


We are looking at a weekend away this summer. With school schedules, conferences, work schedules, etc...... a long weekend looks like the only time available for vacation this year. Money is an issue as well, at least for me. Got nailed with taxes this year, AND a surprise tuition bill for a cool grand. Ouch.


Speaking of money... might have to maybe get up off a little in the near future. Princess saw an ad for used jewelry making gear.... a shop full of it. She loves working stones, and I love working silver into jewelry. Between us, we may go in together and buy some used gear to get busy. There's a possible side business brewing here.... stay tuned.


As I'm jotting down these little update vignettes of life, I have to wonder....


Time to fill the coffee cup one last time, and get my boots on. Time to go to school for one last day with my boys. Time to wrap up another school year, wind it down, and watch it end.

Ya'll have a good day... even if it does feel like a Monday


2 comments:

Freddyboomboom said...

One of my wife's favorite pieces of jewelry is a necklace I got from a lady at work who has a side business doing jewelry.

With the quality of workmanship you showed last year (I think) it should be no problem for you.

Jean said...

I am excited to see your jewelry creations!