Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Help identify this antique silver? (In which I invoke the powers of the Intertubes)





As shown, and feel free to click on the images to enlarge. They should be pretty fair resolution.

I'm trying to put a name, make, and function to this silver set. It includes the largish server as shown, plus a dozen small spoons that could be clones of this one. They appear to be solid silver with gold plated 'scoop' ends. I have photographed the only markings on them and posted the images above. Now you can see everything I can see.

So far, I have had no luck looking up the hallmark or makers brand, and the style and type of 'spoon' is unknown to me.

Help? Spread this around if you can.... someone out there in blogdom has to know something!

Thanks!!

2 comments:

Carteach0 said...

Getting there...

Austria-Hungary, 1872-1922

Now... maker?
And.... their purpose?

Carteach0 said...

Excellent! Jelly server and jelly spoons. Now, who made them?