Friday, May 20, 2011

Rain, day # 8....

.
I came home, and it wasn't raining. Halle-freaking-lujah. I got out the new lawn mower and fired it up. Made it through 26 square feet of lesser jungle (Front Yard) before the heavens opened up again. The 15 foot trip back to the garage washed the new mower clean of fresh cut grass.

My back yard looks like the river bank scenes of Apocalypse Now.... in just about every detail. I am fairly certain I saw a few heads mounted on bamboo down near the back fence. As for the bamboo forest... it's slowly giving way as the lawn turns back to wilderness. I think being pent up and trimmed for a hundred years has made the back yard... cranky. It's now growing with a vengeance last seen in a Stephen King movie.

I think our county is on it's 147th flood/storm watch of the week.

The weather report shows a chance of rain every day.... for as far out as it goes.

Damn.


No comments: