- First time shooting a Garand
- First time shooting a Garand in a match
- First time shooting this rifle at all
- Mid 20's temp with a 10 mph wind
- Only four sighter shots before scoring shots began
I shot a 364/500 2x
If I wasn't so cold right now, I would be doing a happy dance. As it is, I'll just sip hot coffee near the wood stove.... and smile.
Update: Next day....
I just finished detail stripping and servicing the M1. Slightly more than simply cleaning, as there are a few places that should be properly greased.
The only tool I used for disassembly was a M2 ball cartridge, and the trigger guard as a wrench for the gas plug. The whole process start to finish took me ten minutes.
I like this rifle more and more.