Sunday, January 15, 2012

Very difficult choice today....


Okay... as tough choices go, this one ain't so tough. It's not 'life or death', but more 'Chicken or Steak'.

I have a M1 Garand I have not fired yet, and I very much wish to do so. By an act of very little coincidence there is a military rifle match at the club today, themed on 'The Battle Of The Bulge'. I can go and join up on a squad, putting 58 rounds through the Garand in timed stages on a high power target.

On The OTHER Hand.....

It is now 17 degrees outside, and headed for a blistering high of 28... with a nice 10 mph breeze to keep everything fresh. Three or four hours outside does not sound so much like fun, as a bone chilling experience. The 20 minute slow fire stage done prone on a mat sounds especially excruciating.

But... I want to shoot my Garand.

Steak or chicken.... chicken or steak.......


5 comments:

Peter said...

Let me fix that for you.

FROZEN steak or FROZEN chicken.

There, that's done it . . .

;-)

Anonymous said...

There is another choice,Gun Show at Lebanon Fair Grounds. That would be turkey.

Carteach0 said...

Not today Anon... I am already layering up for the shoot.

JD said...

Sounds like appropriate weather for a "Battle of the Bulge" match.

Carteach0 said...

True JD, true. As I gather my shooting gear, I had on a Netflix movie about the battle. Made my little chills of the day seem petty.