Thursday, March 15, 2012

Stopped at a local gun shop today....

and listened to Unca Bubba behind the counter pushing a line real hard. "If that man is reelected again an gets hissef a senate, He's gonna make everthing in this place illegal. Better get it while you can!"

Then he expounded on how AR's are selling like hotcakes.... which would be kinda handy for him as the Bushmaster 'Optics Ready' low dollar models behind him were priced over $900 cash American.


Oh..... as for myself, a few days ago a Mixmaster A2 on a DPMS receiver came into my hands for an awful lot less than those Bushies he was pushing.

4 comments:

Old NFO said...

I'm NOT a Bushie fan...

Carteach0 said...

I don't know enough about AR's to have a valid opinion. The only one's I've owned in the past were Colt, all the way.

Till now. This one looks like a put together from a box of leftovers, but seems shootable. I'll find out this weekend.

It has a DMPS lower, and a CM A2 upper which I believe is Colt made. The hand guards look new, but the buttstock looks like it has seen hard field use, and I'm guessing its Mil-Surp. The bore cleaned up decently, and it's a full 20" length with a muzzle brake rather than a flash hider.
The trigger is usable, but certainly not match ready.

If it shoots, I'll invest some time and money in it. I'm into it for about what all the parts would cost me bought new.

ASM826 said...

I'm with you on the mixmasters. I built one a couple of years ago and have been very pleased with it.

BTW, my blog moved. My old address is on your blogroll. Random Acts of Patriotism is at:

http://randomactsofpatriotism.wordpress.com/

Carteach0 said...

ASM826, Got it now, and fixed it.

I have yet to fire this one, but the weekend is near. I am hopeful.

Besides all the other reasons to own such a rifle, I hope to shoot it in our military rifle matches and do well. If it wants to shoot straight, I'll work on the trigger a while and see what happens. I can't afford the nice match triggers, and no one is going to give me one for review. Those puppies cost a substantial part of what I paid for the whole rifle!