Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Of tablets and rifles and cash and things.....

I've been jonesing for a tablet computer e-book reader web browser thingamawhatsis for a few months now. It started when I noticed my elderly Nook was literally wearing out. Cracked page buttons and a charging terminal that needed to be Juuuust Riiiight to make connection....

I looked at a bunch... the Nexus.... the Fire.... the Galaxy (7-2-4g).... and now Amazon is advertising their latest 4G kindle tablet which looks great, but won't be released for months.....

I agonized over them all, trying to cipher out the best features and rationalize to myself why I needed such an expensive toy. I pictured myself at that weekly managers meeting, whipping out my new tablet and reviewing financial projections from it's brilliant little screen....

But I didn't buy. I just couldn't bring myself to get off the cash.... for something I just don't really need.

Now, when SGammo got in a stock on PMC .223 for a great case price that was almost the same as the tablet I was dreaming about... I had my wallet out in 90 SECONDS, and was placing the order.

Ammo is better than cash in the bank. It's true value goes UP, rather than down. Inflation makes it worth more. Demand makes it worth more. Elections make it worth more. Shortages make it worth more.

Besides.... I can enjoy shooting it up at the matches. Try that with a roll of one dollar bills.


2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Good point! :-)

freddyboomboom said...

And refurbished tablets show up on Woot.com pretty regularly, if you don't mind that sort of thing.