Monday, January 28, 2013

Breakfast wot sticks to yer ribs, wotcher?



The Irish steel cut oatmeal that costs stupidbucks when bought by the can in a grocery store, costs me only miniBucks when acquired from a local Amish place.  If you don't live in Amish country.... it's like this; The area is dotted with small general stores, often with no sign at all.  You just have to know it's there.

Anyway, I was in the nearest one replenishing my steel cut oats (couple $ a pound, dontcha know...), when I saw something new to me.  Seven grain hot breakfast cereal.   It's like long cook rolled oatmeal, only with six of it's granary buddies along (wheat, oats, barley, soybeans, buckwheat, corn and millet)

Um..... how shall I put this.....   

YUM!

I do mine up with a bit of maple syrup and a splash of cream.    It's food what gives a man strength to do what needs be doing.

Oy.... and it's right bloody cheap, let me tell you!

 

No comments: