The latest news is that Reed has canceled the Eastern Sports and Outdoors Show. They say 'postponed', but it's a very large show that takes all year to arrange. The venue alone is typically booked a few years in advance. In this case I suspect 'Postponed' actually means 'Cancelled'.
The timeline, as I understand it, goes something like this:
- Reed Exhibitions makes the political decision to ban modern sporting arms from the show this year, along with their trappings, after years of promoting them.
- Many Peoples catch wind of this, and express their unhappiness with the decision.
- Venders pull out of the show in protest.... big venders.... manys of them... like 25% of all the venders.
- The show sponsors bail out in protest..... manys of them.... like 75% of them.
- Reed Exhibitions cancels the show, blaming everyone but...... Reed Exhibitions.
People don't like quislings, and will happily express that dislike loudly, and $$$'ly.