Thursday, May 23, 2013



Being unemployed is.... not as enjoyable as I thought it might be.  I'm not happy without difficult goals and daily challenges to conquer.

I cannot afford to retire, the career I am passionate about is closed to me*, and what I thought might be suitable niches for my skills have become less than favorable pits of depression** since I last worked that industry.

I need to seriously reevaluate my future prospects.   



* I am certain I have a reputation for asking 'difficult' questions.  "So.... you say the school has no money for critical classroom materials...... and you have the balls to say it from behind a brand new $4000 handmade desk?"

** A job that should pay $35K a year plus bonuses is offered at $5 an hour plus an undefined commission plan.   A position as manager brings a demand for 60 hour work weeks and mandatory open to close hours every weekend for the rest of your life....etc etc.

  


1 comment:

Willorith said...

I was once asked to vacate my position when I pointed out that an agreement between two individuals does not nullify federal law, specifically as regards overtime. The company would require technicians to work 45 hours a week on "salary". When a wage and hour complaint was made, the company would settle quickly, and continue the practice. I believe they were actual old school Mafia connected. Our separation was inevitable.