W: 321.0 BS: NA
Down at 9, up at 12. Usual causes I suppose. Today will be quiet I think. Or busy. Whatev. I'll do some stuff, if I feel like it.
***************************
Huh. Walmart stopped delivering groceries to our area. Delivered one day, lost that option the next day. Same stunt Pizza Hut pulled... just changed their map and suddenly we are a few hundred feet out of their delivery area.
Family of four buying groceries weekly... and that's money they won't see again. On the other hand, I had to buy a one year 'Walmart +' membership to get the free shipping and delivery. Considering I usually buy groceries weekly, that seemed to make sense. Now they are not delivering weekly groceries? Not so much sense.
So, I'll use up that years membership having Walmart ship things to my house for 'free'. All the heavy things I don't want to carry. Cat litter, critter feed, bottled water, softener salt, bulk paper goods; They can bring all that to my front porch where I shall be relaxing with a cigar, smiling.
(update)
This morning Walmart showed No Grocery Delivery For YOU. This afternoon they show delivery here, but it's weird. Before everything was marked 'out of stock'. Now they show delivery for some items but not others. No milk, but plenty of half/half. No eggs, but yes to butter. Yes to muffins but no to any other bakery stuff. Just weird.
I suspect it may be a case of BillyJoeBobs Bait, Tackle, and Discount IT Emporium striking again.
******************************
![]() |
| Semi-fake, but very accurate. |
Q: Do I believe I have the right to control other people's lives?
A: No, I don't. When I was young I thought I knew best and everyone should just listen to me, but I matured. I grew up, and the day I realized other people's lives were just that was the day I became an adult.
Q: Do I believe other people are required to listen to my opinions?
A: See the above answer. I used to, but then I was not a child anymore.
Q: Do I believe other people are required to care if I'm offended, and do something about it?
A: Sounds pretty asinine and immature, doesn't it? I'll go with 'No'. I'm not three years old anymore.
Q: Do I believe there should be one set of rules that everyone must be held to?
A: I used to, but then again I used to believe a lot of silly crap. Rules are rules for people who are willing to, or can be forced to, abide by them. It's 100% a risk Vs. reward judgement every time and every day for every person. No, obeying rules without question is not a virtue, it's a copout. Rules work if and when they are well designed for everyone's benefit and more people agree than not. If that fails, it falls to the rifleman's quarter mile to resolve the issue.













No comments:
Post a Comment