Friday, July 24, 2026

Violent crime

The cities of New York city, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Memphis, Detroit, Baltimore, Dallas, and San Antonio represent 8.2% of the US population.

They are the top 11 cities with the most violent crime in the USA, representing over 20% of such crime. 1/5th the violent crime in the whole nation takes place in just 11 cities.

A curious person might wonder the reasons for these numbers, and what the cities have in common that help them make this list.  It's not a simple thing, but there are some standout factors.

4 comments:

Zendo Deb said...

Do you have a link for the statistics?

Zendo Deb said...

Do you have a link for the statistics?

Carteach said...

Allow me to explain please. No hard feelings at all, just my viewpoint. I read a memish device that spoke of this. Me being who I am, I got curious and began a little bit of research. Going down that rabbit hole, I use Grok to search articles, then I asked different questions based on what I found. Maybe 10 of them. Do I have *A* link? No. Will I go find one? No. I cared just enough to spend a few minutes searching and reading. Past that, it makes no difference to my life. I don't live there, I don't go there, I simply have a very mild interest. My time left on this world is limited. I am getting choosey how I spend it.

Carteach said...

BTW, just added you to my blogroll, which consists of folks I wish to read.