Monday, March 12, 2012

Monday random me moments

  • I filled up the truck this morning. It was not on empty, but it was close. It took $50 to fill it. It's a %$#%$@ Ranger pickup for jumping jimminies sake! Thankfully I get 20+ miles to the gallon. Holy crap, but fuel is getting pricey!
  • I had to stop by the HACC campus to get my brand new teacher ID and parking pass. As the nice security lady was taking my mug shot, she commented I didn't look too happy to be there. I got the chance to say "This IS my happy face!". Kewl..... been waiting weeks to use that line.
  • I ordered a 1000 pack of pellets for the new/used Gamo, and did so via the Amazon link here on the blog. Checking later, I see I got an affiliate cut on my own order. Given how much stuff I order from Amazon, this is going to add up. Shame Amazon doesn't sell ammunition.
  • I'm thinking I need to take an Appleseed course. Several people who's opinion I respect have told me that in the last couple days.... I should get off my lazy butt and do that little thing. I have a CZ rifle perfectly suited.... I just need a few more magazines.

2 comments:

freddyboomboom said...

You can get by with just two magazines.

You rarely have a course of fire that is longer than 10 rounds.

The two magazines is for when you shoot two rounds, then reload and shoot 8 rounds.

At least that's the way it was when I went a few years ago.

Carteach0 said...

Sounds about right. There is a shoot not too far away next month, and I think I shall try and make it.

Have to choose between the CZ452 or the S&W M&P 15-22. The Smith is ready to go. For the CZ, I will have to get another magazine. Both have decent sights and triggers, although the CZ has and edge there. On the other hand, the S&W is semi auto, and that appeals over the course of several long days shooting.