Captains log, star date 00001.739 ..... The first full day of freedom.
The crew slept in til seven hours after midnight, the lazy bastard that he is.... but the fire proved willing and the coffee pot delivered on cue. Somehow, bacon has appeared in the pan.... which is good, being bacon and all. Not just any bacon, but perfectly smoked butcher shop bacon from a glass case, not a plastic bag. Because.... well..... BACON.
On the to-do list... Holy CRAP Batman, that's a long list!
- Reconsider ammo storage and consider selling off the overstocks (I can live without all those cases of Mosin fodder, really).
- Move a metric crap-ton of firewood to easy grabbing range, like the front porch. It's SOOOOooooo nice having an 80 degree living room while outside the squirrels are shattering in the breeze.
- Cook more bacon, because BACON.
- Make a dent in work shop revitalization. Now that I have an 80,000 BTU propane blast furnace out there, I can work in reasonable comfort. That means Reloading, Smithing, and Jewelry benches are due for attention. Once that's done..... each has a project needing completion. Three jewelry pieces that want finishing, about 1200 rounds of .223 match needing loading, and a MkX .300 Winnie barreled action to be bedded in an ancient military Mauser stock.
- A trip to building supply land, where I wish to research materials for ... an IDEA. Oh what a GRAND idea it is, too. Something I've wanted to do since I was a young man and tried my daft hand at it once. It involves fire, and hitting things with hammers... what could possibly go wrong?
- Box up stuff to ship. Now that the steady income has dried up, it's time to ramp up the unsteady incomes a little. That includes some on-line buying and selling and such. Funny thing..... yesterday my job ended, but by days end I had taken in a week-equiv of cash for a net profit on the day. Omen?
I like Bacon.