Friday, April 29, 2016


Chrysler 3.3 and 3.8 engines in soccer-mom vans.... all 866763 Bazillion of them.....

Corrosive coolant and steel intake gaskets.  What a..... brilliant..... combination.  It failed when Chevy tried it, so I guess the brain trust at Chrysler decided to give it a go as well.

Probably one in five vans I get ready for sale have this issue when I look for it.  Each gets the full boat surgery..... new intake and valve cover gaskets, new thermostat, new plugs and wires, coolant flushed and refilled.  In every case they run SOOOooooo nice after the job.

Funny though.... not a single customer has opted to fix it.  I only do it on our vehicles we are selling.  It's a matter of purpose I guess.  Customers usually expect to get another year or two out of their vehicles, while the ones we get ready for sale.... we want to be trouble free as long as humanly possible.

In other news..... I just began a blog for my mechanic'en adventures.    One for shooting, one for tech'ing, and one for PMS.  Seems about right.

No comments: